A sustainable way to secure your growth
Benefits of Huwa-San
Huwa-San, ensures water quality in combinations with more efficient fertilisation to optimise root growth, oxygen absorption and general crop health.
- Prevents clogging of watering systems by breaking down biofilm
- Removes biofilm and prevents regrowth
- Reduces production loss by crop failure
- Helps prevents plant pathogenic reinfections
- Reduces the need for crop protection products
- Ensures optimal supply of fertilisers
- Creates oxygen rich water and promotes plant growth
- Optimises water use (recirculation, flow, drainage, fertiliser recovery)
- Prevents algae growth
- User friendly, simple, safe and versatile application
- Quick and easily measurable
Huwa-San Agro TR50:
- is designed for use in greenhouses, hydroponics, floriculture, seedling production, seed growers etc.
- is the next generation of residue free post harvest disinfection of fresh fruit, and vegetables.
- can be used for the treatment of entire watering and drip line systems, irrigation systems, spray and fogging systems, silos, hydroponic systems, gutters and walls.
Huwa-San Agro TR50 can be used effectively to disinfect materials and surfaces, crates, carts, equipment, as well as floors, curbs, gutters, posts and walls in an empty greenhouse.
Huwa-San is an important new generation of disinfection technology for the agricultural sector, helping to disinfect agriculture and plants in a safe and economically friendly manner. It has proven a valuable options for the treatment of water, for keeping irrigation systems free of algae and biofilms, disinfecting greenhouses, soil, tools, equipment and oxygenate hydroponic watering systems.
One of the major advantages of Huwa-San is its use as a chlorine replacement in applications where the disinfection by-products (DBP’s) of chorine impose serious threats to our health, and the health of our families. For many years, scientific studies have established beyond question that the application of halogen disinfectants to organic contaminants produce a whole range of hazardous and life-threatening by-products. These are the chlorinated organic substances, trihalomethanes (THM’s), many of which are carcinogenic and have a proven record of fatal health issues. As the active ingredients of Huwa-San do not produce these harmful substances, its increasing use around the world reflects the awareness of this serious problem.
In recent years also, awareness of the harmful effects of chlorate residues in food and beverages has also emerged as a major concern in Europe. In 2014, as a result of pressure from the large retails chains, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) was requested by the European Commission for a scientific opinion on the risks to public health to the presence of perchlorates in food, fruits, and vegetables. Extensive testing, over several European countries, resulted in limits being placed on the amount of residual chlorates measured in certain food.
Research has shown that the main source of chlorate contamination was from certain fertilisers, but it also showed that the use of chlorine-containing disinfectants was also responsible for the contamination of leafy vegetable, fruit, drinking and process water. The resulting regulations limited of chlorate residue in food to 0.01 ppm, which has effectively prohibited the use of some fertilisers, and also the use of chlorine, sodium hypochlorite, and chlorine dioxide from use in many horticultural and food processing industries. This has meant that many industries are turning to using products like Huwa-San, based on silver stabilised hydrogen peroxide, as an effective alternative, to meet these new requirements and reduce chlorate residuals as a source of food contamination.